1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Pastoral system

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by sarahanngolding, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Hello,
    I am wondering if you had reached a decision and how things had worked out for you as I am presently looking at different pastoral systems and how this could impact on achievement.
    thanks.

2. vickilew

vickilew New commenter

Hi, this is something that really interests me as I have led pastoral care in both UK and International schools. In each school I have written lesson plans for pastoral/advisory. I have just moved to a new international school and I am completely changing the curriculum format. Because it is an MYP school I am experimenting with writing pastoral units based around a scope and sequence that includes Approaches to Learning, the Learner Profile and other strands that are specific to my school's mission statement and elements that I think should be included e.g. Leadership. I don't have any evidence that any of this works, but I am interested in building a pastoral system that has real worth. So, I guess I have no answers, but loads of passion!