1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Pastoral Interview

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by AKhan007, Sep 12, 2019.

1. AKhan007

AKhan007 New commenter

Hi

I have an interview on Monday and the Inclusion centre. Letter states:
    There will be a short nurture task based around building social skills and could include some elements of literacy.
    I have emailed for clarification but the reply was that I will get time to prepare!

I’m not sure if this means I have to plan and deliver the above session or will it mean I will be working with a group of children a long with the facilitator? I appreciate any advice.

Thank you

2. sunshineneeded

sunshineneeded Lead commenter

Hi AKhan007, I'm not sure what they mean either. I'm sort of thinking you will be leading the session, but they will give you the plan and time to look through it and decide how you'll deliver it. If that's the case, I'm sure it will be a very short and basic session. But I could be completely wrong - as you say, you could be supporting the facilitator. Whatever the case, what they will be looking at is your interaction with the children - how you speak and listen to them, make the session motivating and interesting for them, your body language and how you deal with any incidents which may occur.
    Best of luck with the interview and let us know how it goes.