1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Pasting report comments into SIMS

Discussion in 'Assessment' started by Mrs Harlan, Apr 7, 2012.

1. I'd be really grateful if anybody could tell me how to do this. I have written up my reports in Word but when I try to copy and paste them into SIMS I can't. There must be some way of doing it....can anybody enlighten me please?

2. I'd be really grateful if anybody could tell me how to do this. I have written up my reports in Word but when I try to copy and paste them into SIMS I can't. There must be some way of doing it....can anybody enlighten me please?

3. Always worked fine for me.Maybe that you have written too much as the SIMS boxes are quite small.

4. The SIMS comment fields take a maximum of 1000 characters so it will cut off the ends of your comments if you go over that number (English teachers).
    The only other thing I can advise is to double click on the cell in assessment, or press F4 once the cell is selected; this will bring up a larger window which is easier to paste text into. You'll need to use the hot keys of Ctrl + V to paste your data as I don't think there's a paste function in SIMS.

5. You're a star! I was sat here in my classroom, nobody else around and thinking I've only got a little bit of time to enter the comments. Thank you!

6. ajlw

ajlw New commenter

Thank you SharkyOB. That sorted my problem out tonight!