1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

past the peak of jobs?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Crookshanks, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Crookshanks

Crookshanks New commenter

I recently had a job interview and after teaching a really good lesson (that's what the school said in feedback), I didn't do a good enough job at selling myself in the interview. Consequently I didn't get the job [​IMG]
    I have noticed that the number of science vacancies has already dramatically decreased on TES. I'm worried that we are past the peak of jobs, and I will no longer be in employment come september. Others say the peak will come at May half term, when teachers have to hand their notice in. However last year not many jobs came out after may half term, what do you all think? Time to register myself with a supply agency?

2. I think we have a few weeks until you need to panic, with easter falling late it is all a bit messed up. Theo said on another thread that he thought there would be an increase in vacancy's after the easter break. Fingers crossed for you.
    s