1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Past SATS Paper

Discussion in 'Assessment' started by riley_h96, Jun 5, 2017.

1. riley_h96

riley_h96 New commenter

Hello,

I wonder if anyone can help me. I'm currently trying to get hold of all of the past papers for SATS at KS1, KS2 and KS3. According to articles, SATS started back in 1991, after curriculum reforms in 1989. I currently have papers dating back to 1997, through books published by the Stationery Office, in the late nineties and the complete papers from 2003 to 2011 (KS2) / 2003 to 2009 (KS3). However, I hope to get all the papers that have been set until now, including the mental mathematics tests for KS3 and also the Extension Papers at KS2 and KS3, as well as the paper's respective mark schemes.

If you can help, any advice would be great!

Thanks
    Riley

2. markuss

markuss Occasional commenter

This won't help you in the way you want, but as it's the Assessment forum, it may be worth saying that Standard Assessment Tasks did begin in 1991 but they ended in 1992. They were like schemes of work with tasks that could be assessed and compared with given standards. Not test papers.

The test papers that started later were national curriculum tests ("NCTs") and that's the assessment model that has continued although there have been "task" options at key stage 1.

It wouldn't be clever to call school tests "SATs" because it looks like the brand name for tests for university entrance.

3. sats-papers

sats-papers New commenter

If it's not on this sats papers then it's essentially not available!

That said, I still have a bank of old papers from the 1990s somewhere at home. Would that be of any help?