1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Past papers, AQA Sociology?! Can't find them!

Discussion in 'Social sciences' started by klutzqueen, Nov 2, 2010.

1. Hi all,
    A while back, we used to be able to see a lot of past series of papers - now I can only see 3? (going back to 2009)
    Am I looking in the wrong place?
    Or does anyone know of where I can see/download further back?
    Or perhaps a question bank for each topic?
    Sorry if this has been posted before, I've been AWOL for a while and a quick scroll back didn't find anything [​IMG]
    Thanks in advance,
    Debbie

2. Hi all,
    A while back, we used to be able to see a lot of past series of papers - now I can only see 3? (going back to 2009)
    Am I looking in the wrong place?
    Or does anyone know of where I can see/download further back?
    Or perhaps a question bank for each topic?
    Sorry if this has been posted before, I've been AWOL for a while and a quick scroll back didn't find anything [​IMG]
    Thanks in advance,
    Debbie

3. Ravena

Ravena New commenter

Hi Debbie
    Do you have an eAQA password? If not, ask your exams officer to sign you up. eAQA has all the past papers/markschemes/exam reports for the new spec, plus the legacy papers - but bear in mind that the pre-2009 papers wont be so relevant.

4. Hi Ravena, thanks so much for replying [​IMG]
    I do have e-aqa but it only gave me the option (when I looked) to see one most recent paper (think it was June 2010).
    Obviously the legacy papers are somewhere there then, i'll have another scout around!
    Cheers x

5. Ravena

Ravena New commenter

Which module/topics would you like questions for? I can email you some example questions for SCLY3 religion and SCLY4 theory based on a mixture of the old and new specs if that's any help?

6. That would be wonderful Ravena! Thank you so much! I will private message you my email address [​IMG]
    Batsheep - thanks so much for the link - I did take a look but still can only see the last 3 series papers - I know they used to have 6 or so, not sure where they have gone, argh!

I've emailed AQA to see what they say [​IMG]
    Thanks again both! x

7. Hey! Did you get a reply from AQA Klutz? Where are the past papers?

8. All you have to do is, when in google, search the month, year and exam code, and a site will throw up the paper. i've managed to track all papers (mark schemes and question papers) from 2002 until June 2010!

Gotta love that! Nevermind the convaluted AQA system!

9. Hey Cats - sorry for late reply!
    I emailed AQA direct and a very helpful lady called Carly sent me a zip file of all the past family papers (old spec) since 2001, and the religion ones too!
    If anyone would like me to forward them then post here and I'll check back over the next few days and do so!
    xxx

10. Hi klutzqueen
    I would greatly appreciate it if you could forward them to me. I am in the same crisis - cant find any papers. Exams are close really need them.
    Thank you.

11. Hiya - sorry for late reply - we only have a week - ouch!
    If you post your email addy I'll happily forward the zip file on to you.
    I will check back tomorrow night x

12. I have a daughter studying upstairs very hard for her AQA A2 Sociology exam at the end of this week.

She (and I) have been looking for essay titles in Mass Media on:-

ownership and control
    the relationship between media and audience
    mass media, globalisation and culture (including popular culture)
    news and current affairs
    media representations and stereotypes
    new media

I would be very grateful for any assistance, by the way we have looked on AQA website and she has worked on questions she has been able to access on there. I think she wants to revise through compiling essay plans. Any other tips would be much appreciated. She is bright and hard working (with an A behind her at AS level) but she feels unprepared for this exam.

13. Ah well, it was worth a try - disappointed that no-one could help. [​IMG]