1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Teacher Q&A will be closing soon.

    If you have any information that you would like to keep or refer to in the future please can you copy and paste the information to a format suitable for you to save or take screen shots of the questions and responses you are interested in.

    Don’t forget you can still use the rest of the forums on theTes Community to post questions and get the advice, help and support you require from your peers for all your teaching needs.

    Dismiss Notice

Passport in married name needed for new job?

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by catmother, Mar 9, 2011.

  1. catmother

    catmother Star commenter

    Tell them that you don't have a passport (it's not compulsory to have one!) and offer them another form of ID?
  2. henriette

    henriette New commenter

    how about certifoed copy of marriage certificate to validate name change
  3. DaisysLot

    DaisysLot Senior commenter

    Indeed... many people do not have passports. Your driving license should suffice.
  4. I thought that as you didn't have to change your name on marriage, you could keep all documents in your maiden name. The only proof of marriage that should be necessary is a marriage certificate.

Share This Page