1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Passed but...

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by Grizzly1, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Hi Everyone,

I wanted to get someone else's opinion on this to see if i'm over-reacting. I have been awarded QTS today after my Final Assessment (involved me answering questions in an interview style format). I answered four out of the five really well but when it came to a question 'apart from what already mentioned, how have you been innovative?" I had a complete mind blank - there was lots of uming and arrghng and I felt quite embarassed that I was taking so long to answer it. We moved on and I answered the last question well and then we came back to it and I answered it adequately enough. Anyway, he told me I'd passed and he'd award me QTS but it kinda feels hollow because I feel really disappointed that Ii let mysefl down a little. Ive planned for this for hours and hours and It didnt go as well as i'd imagined. Am I over-reacting?

2. Yes you are.
    Congratulaions. Well done.

3. Obviously, I meant congratulations!

4. What sort of bonkers idea was this ... five questions?! If you'd had a blank about two of them, would that have meant you'd failed?! Like to think you were being invited to recognise your strengths and achievements. Enjoy QTS - now tthe fun starts

5. quietlydetermined

quietlydetermined New commenter

Of course you are over-reacting. Woohoo you passed! Go out and celebrate!

6. Hi Grizzly1,
    You should be very proud of your achievements! Very Well Done!
    I am looking forward to start in Sept, any suggestions or advise?

thanks.

7. Thanks guys - that really has made me feel better!
    tkteach - I asked that question this time last year, and the response I got was to just enjoy my free time and relax for September. Good advice but I wanted to do things straight away!
    Having just found out how time consuming evidencing your Q standards are - I would recommend doing a few of the TDA self study tasks. They take about two hours each and they can be used for loads of standards.
    We were also asked to keep a reflective diary - which was very handy for evidence.
    Have a read up on Assessment for Learning - it's the in thing at school's at the mo - getting some good strategies will put you way ahead of other students.
    And then when your in school - find out who's the person to go to about ICT - you will definitely need their expertise!
    Thanks again for the morale boost!
    :)