1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Pass the Pigs

Discussion in 'Personal' started by anon468, Jun 21, 2011.

1. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Following on from something I got chatting about on the Cookery forum (don't ask!), I was wondering how many of you have ever owned/played the porcine fun game 'Pass the Pigs'.
    And if so, do you still have it lurking somewhere in your cupboards?

2. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Following on from something I got chatting about on the Cookery forum (don't ask!), I was wondering how many of you have ever owned/played the porcine fun game 'Pass the Pigs'.
    And if so, do you still have it lurking somewhere in your cupboards?

3. Yes and Yes!
    Played it a lot on my year out, until we left it at a backpacker's lodge in Hermanus.
    Went on about it to the former Mr. D, and when he saw it in a charity shop he bought it for me. I think we played it once, and it is now languishing on top of a book case along with monopoly, monopoly city, scrabble, frustration and 2 different versions of guess who?

4. Top game. Always take it on holiday,

5. rosievoice

rosievoice Star commenter

Smashing game, very silly, loads of laughs.

6. I have heard of it, but I am not sure...I think I may have played it. Give me a clue?
    Where the hell did this turn up on the cookery forum, or what strange associations are you making that I have missed?

7. You need to check out the query about making bacon.....I've never heard of the game, btw!

8. Yes, it's in a cupboard and I know exactly where it is. Used to take it on weekends away etc but seem to have got out of the habit of playing games.

9. I have never played Pass the Pigs but I really want to now. I'll keep my eyes open in the charity shops.

10. Oooh yus (in a churchill nodding dog kinda way), played it all the time when I was little, especially in a tent or caravan! Lots of fun.. making bacon and all that. Keep seeing it in WHSmith and contemplate buying it [​IMG]

11. No way would PtP be in the back of my cupboard total fave in this house

12. anon468

anon468 New commenter

13. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

I love Pass the Pigs!
    Although my family seem to have dreadful eyesight...they keep insisting my piggies are touching when clearly they are not!
    And I have a brother who will never grow up (he's older than I am.....but is still about 13 in many ways.....typical male!!!) and finds it hysterically funny to 'arrange' the piggies in various amusing positions....and I get frustrated because the rules clearly state that 'un-natural' positioning of the pigs means instant forfeiture of the game! (I'm a serious pedant when it comes to rules in games.....which is a shame as some of my brother's ideas are certainly inventive....and amusing!.....but still, he lost the game!...I WIN!!!!!)

14. rosievoice

Mr RV once managed a double razorback. His one claim to fame, alas.

15. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Whoah! Respect to Mr RV.

16. camronfry

camronfry New commenter

It's a fantastic game, always take it away with me. Holiday drinking and pigs go hand in hand.
    A friend of mine once got a double leaning jowler, I didn't believe him (of course!) but he then produced a photo and had three reliable witnesses. People we're talking about it for weeks, in fact 5 years later I still am and I wasn't even there.

17. rosievoice

Thank you, I shall pass it on!