1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Partner Schools

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by newbieteach23, May 7, 2011.

1. Hi
    I was wondering if there was list available of partner school for PGCE courses?

I am going to be starting at St Mary's in September and just wanted to research some of the possible partner schools
    Any help would be appreciated
    Thanks

2. The partnership schools will change from year to year (not major changes, but schools cannot often predict long in advance their abilityto take trainees, especially smaller departments (secondary) or small primaries.
    Providers tend not to issue lists of schools since placement and who you are placed with can also change at the last minute and they don't want trainees contacting schools (I know you said researching them) as it can cause irritation to some.
    There are a number of factors that determine where you may be placed, but most of the major schools in an area will take trainees. If it is St Mary's Twickenham then they are part of an organisation called SWELTEC which is a group of providers who share placements and in South west London and so the list covers 4 or more providers as well as GTP.
    James

3. Thanks for your help. I realise the reluctance to provide the information, but I thought I would try anyway!