1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Partner Schools

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by newbieteach23, May 7, 2011.

1. Hi
    I was wondering if there was list available of partner school for PGCE courses?
    I am going to be starting at St Mary's in September and just wanted to research some of the possible partner schools
    Any help would be appreciated
    Thanks

2. Hey, I'm at St Mary's too in September. Was wondering if you had heard anything from them? I've had my CRB check & that's all.

If you go to the New Teachers section of the site & type in St Mary's and click if you're primary or secondary then a list will come up x

3. I received the pack with the accomodation form, CRB form, acceptance letter etc. Then I received my CRB form results. But since then no. They said they were going to send details to login online where lots of info will be. I was expecting that a while back.
    I was also a bit confused about the extra observations. I assume these need to be done before Spetember but in the letter the wording suggests it should be done in September - what are you going with?
    I am a bit confused by the New Teacher section - do you mean on this site? DO you have the link?

4. lol55

lol55 New commenter

Hi
    I am starting at St Mary's too and I am also confused about when we need to book the observation for. I sort of assumed it was just asap as we will be in uni full time in September. Might email them.

I am secondary - what are you guys?,

5. I'm secondary too, Chemistry. I'm doing an SKE which doesn't finish until August so I hope it's fine to do it in Sept.

6. lol55

lol55 New commenter

I emailed the uni and they said to book it as and when you can. The sooner the better. They have some forms for the observations which they said will be available online nearer the end of the month. So I imagine that means we will be receiving more info including an online login nearer to that time.
    Nice to hear from another secondary PGCE'er. There doesn't seem to be many for secondary at St Mary's on here - I hope there are more by September!!!!

7. Oh brill :)

8. lol55

lol55 New commenter

Did you get the package of info?!?!?

9. Nope, have you?

10. lol55

lol55 New commenter

Yeah
    It had details about registering online and access to the website and such. Have you still not received it?

11. lol55

lol55 New commenter

Tell me about it!

And this essay style thing we have to do too!!
    I was expecting to get an email straight away telling me I could log in and stuff - did you?

12. Nope didn't get one, but I re-read the letter and it said after paying and sending the forms so I reckon we'll get it sometime this week.

I want it now, I'm so impatient lol!!