1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Partner being deployed

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by nimmity, Nov 20, 2011.

1. I'm currently fighting stress on too many fronts and feel like I'm losing!
    In sept I moved to a new and rather challenging school. My partner is also being deployed for 6 months.
    Either one of these I feel I could deal with but together they are proving too much for me.
    Seriously considering quitting as I hate work and feel so sick in the morning that I'm not eating and have lost too much weight. I'm so close to crying all the time that behaviour from kids I would normally deal with is enough to set me off.
    I feel that I've gone from great teacher to totally incapable over the summer. I love my job when I can actually do it, but seeing as I can't maybe I should look at doing something else.

Any suggestions?

2. Ruthie66

Ruthie66 New commenter

excellent advice from Galaxy Rider
    although I think my sister might not agree with this
    she, like me, tends to be a comfort eater so no weight loss for her
    For her having contact with others who understood the issue was helpful so see what is available either formally or informally through the regiment. Oh and protracted rows with Defence Housing Solutions about reapirs to their married quarter kept her busy too

3. I've been to the doctor and am having the week off work with the possibility of longer available.
    Definitely going to pull in the support of the squadron wives. My OH is the only one going so there aren't lots of us in it together but I'm sure they'll want to help as much as I do when their pilot is away.

It seems my biggest problem is accepting help from other people!

4. Thank you!

5. lillipad

lillipad New commenter

Hi I know i'm probably a bit late on posting in this thread, but for what it's worth, my partner is also deployed at the moment and I too feel that i've gone from loving my job to having no interest in it because i'm so preoccupied with making sure my phone hasn't rung incase i've missed his call, and wondering what he's doing. My poor class have probably had it tough this year! If you want to chat and moan some time, drop me a private message with an msn address and we can have a good moan together :)