1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

partitioning observation year 2

Discussion in 'Primary' started by anon3518, Jan 24, 2011.

1. So the termly head observation coming and could so do without it at the moment with the other million and one things have to do.
    Week not the most interesting of units - a2 - partitioning and counting one and we are looking at reading and writing numbers and paritioning numbers using cards in preceding lessons. For obs lesson want them to tackle the
    They find missing numbers in calculations such as 37 = 30 + ?? + 2. bit as slightly more investigative than straightforward partitioning.
    but can't think how to give it that bit of extra oomph. Or frankly what to do at all!
    Any ideas anyone? Newly appointed maths coordinator and whilst maths is my stronger subject drawing a blank!
    HC

2. So the termly head observation coming and could so do without it at the moment with the other million and one things have to do.
    Week not the most interesting of units - a2 - partitioning and counting one and we are looking at reading and writing numbers and paritioning numbers using cards in preceding lessons. For obs lesson want them to tackle the
    They find missing numbers in calculations such as 37 = 30 + ?? + 2. bit as slightly more investigative than straightforward partitioning.
    but can't think how to give it that bit of extra oomph. Or frankly what to do at all!
    Any ideas anyone? Newly appointed maths coordinator and whilst maths is my stronger subject drawing a blank!
    HC

3. Msz

Msz Established commenter

4. mystery10

mystery10 Occasional commenter

Wow Msz that year2maths.co.uk is a fantastic website. What is the website address for the mainsite which that it is presumably a section of?

5. Msz

Msz Established commenter

6. thank you for those. come across the year 2 site and used the mad minutes before which my class love.
    it's more what i can get them to do as independent activities - think i may have to make up some questions with missing numbers to fill in :0/