1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Participants Needed for International School Teacher Study

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by LivingCon, Aug 3, 2020.

1. LivingCon

LivingCon New commenter

Hi all, my name is Connor, I'm a postgraduate research student at the University of Bath in the Department of Education. I'm conducting a study on the experiences of international school teachers and I'm currently looking for participants.

The goal of this study is to build a clearer picture of how shifting from working in one’s home country's school system (in the case of this study, the UK) to an international school context influences teachers’ professional identity and teaching practice so that we can better understand this transition. This research is vital to building a fuller picture of how teaching in international schools shapes teacher identity and vice versa.

If this study sounds like something you or someone you know would be a valuable participant in, thank you for your interest! Keep in mind however that you can only participate in the study if you meet the following criteria:
    • You are currently employed as a teacher at an international school outside of the UK or you have been employed as a teacher at an international school outside of the UK within the last 6 months.
    • You have at least 3 years’ prior experience working as a teacher in a primary or secondary school in the UK.
    • You have UK citizenship or you consider the UK to be your home.
    Your participation will support further studies in this substantially under-researched field. It is hoped that this study will contribute to improving professional development and teacher support systems for educators working internationally.

If you wish to participate, please send me an email or reply in this thread in the affirmative and I'll write you an email with more details.

If you have any further questions or concerns regarding the study, please do not hesitate to ask before or after participating. Please direct any questions to my university email address (cel46@bath.ac.uk). Thank you!

Sincerely,

Connor Livingston
    cel46@bath.ac.uk
    Graduate student
    Department of Education
    University of Bath

2. LivingCon

LivingCon New commenter

Some further information - the majority of my research focuses on teachers working at British International Schools that are in the Asia Pacific region, as well as the Middle East. So if you work or have worked in these settings recently then your voice would contribute most significantly to this study, however all responses are appreciated and will be taken into consideration.

Thank you,

Connor

3. amysdad

amysdad Established commenter

I have sent you a PM - click on the head on the top right of the screen and go to 'Conversations'.

4. stopwatch

stopwatch Lead commenter

Also sent you a PM

5. flowerpowerfriday

flowerpowerfriday New commenter

Happy to help.

6. flowerpowerfriday

flowerpowerfriday New commenter

Just tried to email you but it’s bounced back.

7. LivingCon

LivingCon New commenter

Hi all - thanks for your responses. I'll be responding to you individually via PM or email if you've provided it. Not sure why my email would bounce back - I've received a few emails from others who have contacted me from this website. You could try my other email, though - livincon8214@gmail.com
    Hope that helps.

8. LivingCon

LivingCon New commenter

Hello again everyone. I've now reached enough interviews for my study so I'll be closing it to further participants.Thanks to all of you who responded to my request and participated in interviews!