1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Part Time..

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by Freckles20, Nov 20, 2011.

1. Not sure where to post this...

I returned from Maternity leave in May...I wanted to go part time, but my request was denied. I got a new job which was still full time, but much closer to home. I thought that would make it a little easier, but I was wrong..I'm home later than I was before and the work load is massive. I started in Sept and I'm not coping at all. My moods are all over the place and think I need to go part time if I can. My question is..how long do I need to work for this new school before applying?!
    Thanks xxxxxxxx

2. I agree with Clematis, wait till the end of this academic year to apply. If it's any help I have a letter that I've prepared for when I apply to go PT at end of mat leave, pm me if you'd like a copy.
    When you start at a new school it will no doubt be hard to settle in and more work while you adapt to a new way of doing things, hopefully it will get easier in time. Try to go back to basics and remember all the little teaching time savers we learned as trainees-they all add up.
    This is indeed a hard time of year, stick with it and it should seem easier soon. x