1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

part time

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by snowcloud, Feb 7, 2011.

1. snowcloud

snowcloud New commenter

How likely is it to be granted part time (2 days) from being full time?

2. snowcloud

snowcloud New commenter

How likely is it to be granted part time (2 days) from being full time?

3. Chica77

Chica77 New commenter

It totally depends on your school. I requested a 0.6 timetable and they refused initially until I said i'd appeal, and then they gave me 0.5. I don't think they were happy about it though, and as a result I have mainly bottom sets.

4. I agree with Chica, I have put in my request for 3 days a week and waiting to hear (head has said that there are no grounds to refuse it so fingers crossed!)
    hope everything works out for you
    x

5. handrail

handrail New commenter

I have just requested 3 days part time as of September 2011. The head said she would do what she could but it also has to fit in with the needs of the school. I have to put my request in writing and then it is presented to the governers - I find out March/April time.
    I think they have to consider it and have a good enough reason if they say no. My head said she will think of a few different scenarios and put them to me. I also requested which year group I would ideally like to be in (I teach primary).

6. I would suggest they find you someone to job share with. They can't really argue that this doesn't fit in with the needs of the school as they'd have a fulltime teacher. I think this is easier for them if you want to do 2 days than 3 or 4.