1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Part-time, unofficial and unpaid job

Discussion in 'Scotland - education news' started by Packupyertroubl, Mar 21, 2011.

1. I'm registered with 8. A long time ago, I got the Union involved as soon as I got that **** happening- I'd been abroad until 2006, was permanent through the 90's before I left 98. I have a set of photocopies all ready and laid out, in case I ever get a repeat- I never do, as I kicked up so much stink with my EIS REp backing me up to the hilt, as well as, when I changed to go to another authority, I made that new authority contact the last one to let them be sure that I was not going to allow them to get anywhere near pay day without their checking pointage, already established in a previous authority. Kick ass, keep kicking ass, but just be totally immovable about what you're due, as well as contacting the GTC if push comes to shove- I did that as well, they backed me up too. So I very very rarely ever get that hassle repeating..... except, of course, they may be about to pull the rug from under our feet, unless ALL colleagues stand firm and protect each others' contractual dues.... Supply to be paid at Point 1??! Totally ridiculous.
    Slainthe, Packup.

2. vforvendetta

vforvendetta New commenter

It took me a couple of years to get all LAs to place me on the same salary point, and sort out my back pay. Still not convinced I've received everything I'm entitled to. Now they want to place us on the bottom rung again? Not just that, but only for the hours we work. I'm not sure what happens about holiday pay either. Keep at them, and you'll get there eventually.