1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

part time two schools

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by marymoocow, Feb 11, 2011.

1. marymoocow

marymoocow Star commenter

There is no harm in asking both. I did 2 part time contracts, just short of fulltime in total. It is very hard and you can feel pulled in 2 directions. You will always do more work than the full time equivalent with a PT job, so I would be wary of doing 2 jobs that equal a FT as you may end up doing 120%. I would still go for it though if the times are possible, as this sounds like a good school and your future at your present school sounds dodgy.

2. Anon92181738

Anon92181738 New commenter

Thanks for your reply. I have contacted the school and they said they can't give me any details of the work pattern/timetable at the minute. However, I think I will still apply and speak to my Head re. my intentions. I understand what you are saying about being pulled in two directions and ending up doing more. However, as you say my future is uncertain where I am now so I probably don't have too much to lose.