1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Part time to full time

Discussion in 'Primary' started by kittenmittens, Sep 17, 2020.

1. kittenmittens

kittenmittens New commenter

Any tips please? I have accepted a maternity cover contract, FT. My PT job in the same school has just been advertised. My 2 children are at school on site and use breakfast club. My husband will pick them up as he works from home. We live 5 mins' drive away / 20 min walk.

School is organised, with good systems in place for tweaking resources and planning from previous years. Class is lovely, ks1, good behaviour.

Looking for ways to make life easier, at home and work if anyone can share! Thanks.

2. thejudgesscoresarein

thejudgesscoresarein Established commenter

What are you suggesting here?

3. sooooexcited

sooooexcited Established commenter

It sounds like it's as easy as can be, both at work and at home. You haven't said anything but positives and it sounds like the ideal situation for a most teachers, so I suppose my advice would be to enjoy it, but don't take the school, or your husband for granted.

Enjoy your new role.

4. kittenmittens

Thank you! I do feel really positive. I think a posh ready meal or takeaway on my late meeting night might be a good plan.

5. kittenmittens

That full timers might have time saving tips to share.

6. sunshineneeded

sunshineneeded Star commenter

Congratulations on the new job!

It all sounds ideal, but you will still be very busy. At home, focus on the things that really matter - the dust can wait until half term if needed, but everyone needs to eat every night and needs clean clothes. Make meals simple - the odd ready meal won't hurt at all. A slow cooker is great if you can get yourself organised enough (I manage it sometimes)!

Enjoy your new role.

Lara mfl 05 and kittenmittens like this.