1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Part time TLR

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by BridgetJones101, May 19, 2011.

1. My job share partner has just decided to resign. I would like to do more hours but remain part time (0,8 with one day off). We currently have a TLR point which we share equally - is it possible to only teach 0.8 but still ask for all of the TLR as I would still be taking full responsibility for the role, I should add that I am secondary and it would be possible for other staff to teach the classes on the day I am not there.

2. My job share partner has just decided to resign. I would like to do more hours but remain part time (0,8 with one day off). We currently have a TLR point which we share equally - is it possible to only teach 0.8 but still ask for all of the TLR as I would still be taking full responsibility for the role, I should add that I am secondary and it would be possible for other staff to teach the classes on the day I am not there.

3. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

The STPCD stipulates that the TLR should be paid pro rata, so the solution would be for the role to be reduced.

4. frustum

frustum Lead commenter

Alternatively, an extra hour of non-contact time (perhaps to be taken at home on your day off) might enable you to fulfil the whole role, and receive pay equivalent to the full TLR plus 0.8 of base salary. I certainly had my hours increased for that purpose in the past, although now there are clearer rules on calculation of part-time pay they probably need to timetable the extra non-contact time.