1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Part-time teaching - McCrone cover

Discussion in 'Scotland - Primary' started by PTS68, Apr 14, 2017.

1. PTS68

PTS68 New commenter

I have recently reduced my working week to 4 days and wondered if anyone knows the guidelines for McCrone?

I have read on the EIS website a bit about McCrone and shorter weeks (i.e holidays, in-service days) but couldn't find any information about what part time primary teachers should be getting. Any thoughts/experience?

2. bonxie

bonxie Senior commenter

For a 4 day week, you should be getting 2 hours McCrone time.

http://www.eis.org.uk/aberdeenshire/index.asp?id=230
    What is my entitlement to non-class contact time?
    Teachers are employed for a 35 hour week with:
    • A maximum of 22½ hours class contact.
    • A minimum of 7½ hours personal allowance for preparation and correction. Teachers exercise professional autonomy in relation to these hours.
    • Collegiate time of 5 hours per week whose use is agreed in the school’s Working Time Agreement (190 hour over school year for planning purposes)
    Non-class contact time is the difference between the 22½ maximum class contact time and the pupil week. The Primary pupil week of 25 hours gives 2½ hours "McCrone time”.

3. PTS68

PTS68 New commenter

Thanks for the information.