1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

part time SLT

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by montyjacs, Dec 10, 2011.

1. montyjacs

montyjacs New commenter

If, and it's a big if I know, I can persuade my HT to allow me to work 4 days a week doing the same leadership role as now, is there a way of calculating how much the deduction in my pay would be? Is it as simple as a reduction of one fifth (which is what the school bursar suggested)?
    And how can I calculate the impact on my pension?
    Thanks for any help

2. montyjacs

montyjacs New commenter

If, and it's a big if I know, I can persuade my HT to allow me to work 4 days a week doing the same leadership role as now, is there a way of calculating how much the deduction in my pay would be? Is it as simple as a reduction of one fifth (which is what the school bursar suggested)?
    And how can I calculate the impact on my pension?
    Thanks for any help

3. mrkeys

mrkeys Occasional commenter

Don't know if this helps.
    A few years ago nyou could drop responsiblities but maintain your pension contributions. Now the pension is based on best 3 in the last 10. If you are in the 'magic last 10', you may have quite a few options available.
    You may be able to maintain the pension if you continue the current level of payments.
    The only people who really do know are Teachers Pensions.
    As far as pay is concerned, it would not be as simple as a 20% reduction.

4. frustum

frustum Star commenter

Gross pay should be a 20% reduction: take-home will be a bit better because the proportion of your pay being taken in tax will fall. Search for tafkam's pay calculator, which will help.