1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Part-time query.

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by tom clancy, Aug 29, 2012.

1. No I don't think it is correct.
    Since 2008 p/t teachers must be paid on a pro rata basis. Their hours worked as a proportion onf the schools total timetabled teaching time.
    Look up STPCD 2011, section 2 para 46 for more detail, then talk to your employer to have them explain how your hours fit pro rata to the school's timetabled teaching time.

2. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

The 13.45 hours that you mentioned - are they your teaching hours, teaching + PPA time, or the total time you are directed to be on the premises and available for any duties that the Head might designate?
    How many hours of lessons does a f/t teacher have to undertake and waht is their PPA time allocation?
    Youe contract percentage should be based on a comaprison with the general teaching load of a full timer.

3. smallschool

smallschool New commenter

At KS2 every morning is a 0.6 for me, but a 0.5 for the nursery teacher who also does 5 ams. My 0.6 hours add up to the equivelent of 3 full days.