1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Part-time PGCE

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by F10ona, Dec 2, 2010.

1. Hello there,
    I applied for a full-time Primary PGCE last year, and was offered a place at London Met, but I realised I wouldn't be able to do it and take care of my now 18 month old little boy. So I turned the offer down.
    This year I have applied for a part-time primary PGCE at IOE and I feel confident that my partner who'll be working part-time and sharing care of our son while I study the PGCE is completely do-able.
    I just wonder what the part-time course will be like? and even if I can get an offer. I used to be really confident in the classroom having taught ESL for more than 7 years. But becoming a mum has made me quite serious and unassertive. My UK school experience is minimal - to say the least. The school near me has agreed to let me do 10 days observation with them, but I'm still waiting for CRB clearance (I applied for it nearly a month ago now) and I probably wont be able to physically get into a classroom for that all precious teaching experience until the January term begins.
    I've also registered with an agency for TA work...again waiting CRB clearance....