1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Part time or full time GTP Primary?

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by SEH456, Feb 18, 2011.

1. I have been offered a GTP Primary place to start in September 2011 which is great, but I am unsure as to whether or not to go for full time or part time. I have three children who will be 10, 7 and 10 months when I start the course. They have a lot of after school activities and homework which I help with and I do not think I will be able to be a great teacher or a great mum if I go full time, but then again would it be better to just try and get it all done in the one year? I did my degree full time and worked part time when the eldest two were younger and managed to come out with a first class.
    Has anybody done a part time GTP or done it with children who can offer my any advice or an insight into what awaits, such as how much time is usually spent teaching, how much help there is from your mentors with planning and assessments, etc and how much non contact and time at uni there is?

2. I have been offered a GTP Primary place to start in September 2011 which is great, but I am unsure as to whether or not to go for full time or part time. I have three children who will be 10, 7 and 10 months when I start the course. They have a lot of after school activities and homework which I help with and I do not think I will be able to be a great teacher or a great mum if I go full time, but then again would it be better to just try and get it all done in the one year? I did my degree full time and worked part time when the eldest two were younger and managed to come out with a first class.
    Has anybody done a part time GTP or done it with children who can offer my any advice or an insight into what awaits, such as how much time is usually spent teaching, how much help there is from your mentors with planning and assessments, etc and how much non contact and time at uni there is?