1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

part time nursery PPA

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by optimistic1, Jul 21, 2011.

1. optimistic1

optimistic1 New commenter

Hi
    would anyone care to share how their PPA time is worked out in Nursery? I will be working every afternoon and I am supposed to be jointly planning with the morning teacher. I know they pay her for an extra hour a week, but I am not sure they should technically be doing that. How does it work in other schools? Also there is only 15 min before the end of the am and the beginning of the pm sessions! I want to be armed with the facts and some ideas before I tackle this with the Head.

2. May2

May2 Occasional commenter

You should be getting 10% of your teaching time as PPA. I work mornings and start at 10.30 one morning after 11/2 hours PPA. If you are meant to plan together you should be given the time, but obviously cover can be a problem. I know some part timers do get paid the extra to plan on top of the hours they work as it is easier for time tabling. I think when you are sharinglike you are a lot of planning has to be done by email as it is difficult to catch up at school with the hours you work.

3. optimistic1

optimistic1 New commenter

Thank you thats really helpful.

4. I had a 0.6 contract to work every morning in the Nursery (two and a half hours) with one afternoon a week for PPA with the afternoon 0.5 teacher (who was in class four afternoons weekly). It worked really well. PPA has to be a minimum of 10% but there is nothing to say that it can't be more than that.