1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Part-time job becoming full-time

Discussion in 'Independent' started by euphelia, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Hi Theo and anyone else who might know. I started at a school (ind) in September on 0.8, so part-time, but on a permanent contract. I've been told the post is becoming full-time for next year. I can't work full-time at the moment so will not apply for full-time job when it comes up. I'm clear that means I now have no job for next year and need to get another one - but if I don't manage to get another one for September, will I need to resign anyway? And does that mean I wouldn't be eligible for jobseekers' allowance? Thank you.

2. I am no expert so I hope someone else also replies but if you are not able to secure another job for next year then surely you would be entitled to redundancy and not have to resign as your contract is permanent and it is the school who are changing the situation.