1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Part time help please.

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by kitty33, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Ive just started back at work and am now only part time. I have been reading the regulations concerning directed time but cant work it out at all. May sound stupid but how many hours is one working day?

2. Chica77

Chica77 New commenter

I went back 0.5 after my first child and will return doing that again soon after my second child, and they consider it 16 hours a week, so full time is 32 hours. So 1 working day must be 6.4 hours.
    I'm not sure if it's the same in terms of directed time though. I used to just do half of everything, so I did half of the meetings, every other week instead of every week, and I only did 2 parents' evenings I think as I mainly taught Y7 and 8.

3. Thanks. My school is new to the part-timer and it was mentioned that i would do the directed time things that fell on my days but i didnt think that was right.

4. I went back on 0.5 over 3 days in September and have been having quite a discussion with my SLT about this. They have been saying I have to go to all Tuesday meetings because I work on Tuesdays but I checked with my local union rep and he said meetings are pro rata so as previous poster said it is half the meetings etc. Hope you're finding being back at work ok :)