1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Part time and TLR?

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by beyondexcited, May 10, 2011.

1. Hello,
    Hope everyone and their LOs are good! I have a question about part time working. I have luckily been allowed to work 0.8 (with the day off I requested!) and they want me to keep the responsibility post I had before I left on maternilty. I have agreed to this as obvisouly if Im missing a days pay then the TLR money will be very handy. However I dont know how easy it will be to do a full time TLR on 4 days per week. Does anyone have any experience of this?
    The TLR is pastoral rather than curriculum based so there is little or no work to take home as the nature of it is all school based, however I cant envisage stayiong in school until the time I used to ( 5-6 ish) and I have been doing it for a few years now so its not something new. I am worried that I wont be able to commit to it as much as I did before and I dont like doing something if I cant do it properly!
    As I said, does anyone have any experience of this? Is it do-able?

Thanks

2. my friend does this - just check if they plan to pay you 0.8 of the TLR but do the full job spec as that's what my friend is expected to do for only 0.8 of th eTLR....

3. I have a meeting to discuss this next month so will definately be bringing it up. My main issue is with staying at school, as a Head of Year a lot of phone calls/meetings are after school which is fine...up to a point! I dont want to be picking my girl up from nursery at 5 or 6. I do want to spend some time, during the 4 days I will work, with her.
    Thanks for your reply

4. Hiya,
    I work three days (0.6) and have a TLR, and find the workload manageable. May be a different kettle of fish, though, as it is within the department and my HoD is very understanding. Perhaps just make it clear that you need to leave at a certain time each evening, and volunteer to stay later on one day of the week?

5. Could you get oh to get lo ready and take to nursery a couple of times a week and go.in early? Get the parents of the naughty kids out of bed at the crack of dawn :)

6. Thank you for the replies...I havent been on here for a long while so apologies for delay in replying!
    The real problem will be that my OH works away during week and we have no family around to help with drop off and pick up for nursery. I think I will just have to be clear in that I will stay late (only until 5!) one night a week and that all parental/outside agency appointments will have to be made in school time.....we will see how that goes down!
    Thanks