1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Part time AND supply?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by whodbeateacher, Jan 19, 2012.

1. I work part time in a lovely school which I enjoy. I do feel a little stuck though.
    I'm thinking of doing some supply outside of my contract hours and was wondering if I'm allowed to do this? I was hoping to find out if supply is my sort of thing (bit scared!) and also having the opportunity to see how different schools work and different year groups (good professional practice I hope).
    Has anyone done this .... successfully?
    Thanks.
    (PS posted elsewhere too - thanks Lara for reply. Any other thoughts?)

2. I work part time in a lovely school which I enjoy. I do feel a little stuck though.
    I'm thinking of doing some supply outside of my contract hours and was wondering if I'm allowed to do this? I was hoping to find out if supply is my sort of thing (bit scared!) and also having the opportunity to see how different schools work and different year groups (good professional practice I hope).
    Has anyone done this .... successfully?
    Thanks.
    (PS posted elsewhere too - thanks Lara for reply. Any other thoughts?)

3. yes allowed... I did it while part time. I know others in different schools who have done it. Talk to your head because your reasons for wanting experience ( working diff yr groups and seeing different practice) are valid and will improve your school. Explain that you aren't looking to move schools permanently though. It might be worthwhile to say that you would like to do it as supply, because then you can be flexible and take it to fit around your other commitments.

4. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

I have a small part time job in a school and do supply in the same school - it is listed as two separate payments on my payslip.