1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Part time and NQT - what should my timetable be?

Discussion in 'Part-time and job share' started by s_young10, Jul 11, 2019.

Tags:
  1. s_young10

s_young10 New commenter

Hi everyone

Just looking for advice so I know my timetable is correct.

The school has a 2 week timetable consisting of 50 hours.
    I am on 0.6 contract so I am in school 30 hours over the 2 weeks.
    Does that mean it's dropped to 27 hours based on 90% for an NQT? Then from those 27 hours I need 10% PPA time?

Part of my timetable is to go to a feeder primary and do 2 hours there. How should that fit in?

Thanks in advance!

2. strawbs

strawbs Established commenter

yeah think that sounds right - so paid for 30, teach 24, 3 PPA 3 NQT. Would assume the 2 hours primary will come out of the 24 hours teaching.

3. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

From a contractual/PPA point of view your 2 hours a week at another school makes no difference at all. You've been told to go there so it's all part of your Directed Time

So yes you should get 10% of 30 hours for NQT time and 10% of 30 hours for PPA, which as @strawbs says means you should be timetabled to teach for 24 hours over the two weeks. The 24 hours should include your 2 hours pw at the feeder primary (including the time taken to get there and back).

4. frustum

frustum Star commenter

I think travel time to the primary will come out of the 0.6x1265 hours, but not teaching time.

5. Lalad

Lalad Star commenter

Do make sure your car insurance covers you for business use, and you should also claim fuel expenses from the school.