1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Part-Singing Resources - Primary

Discussion in 'Music' started by bvenjybritt, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Hello all musicians out there !

Has anyone some really interesting resources to recommend for mixed primary school voices ?
    I am looking particularly for good part-singing songs for choirs simple to more challenging material.
    I am familiar with SIng-Up - but there may be more resources out there. Subject content can be varied - sacred and secular.
    Thank you in advance for any advice

2. Thanks for your recommendations.
    I forgot 'Voiceworks" had so much variety.Banana Splits looks fun too.

3. The Every Series of songbooks from Out of the Ark music have various song books that have songs with parts singing. The Song for Every Singing School songbook has several really good songs for part singing and rounds.

4. TreesK

TreesK New commenter

I agree Banana Splits is very good
    Also 'How Can I Keep From Singing' published by the British Kodaly Academy
    And have you come across those great little books from 'Sing for Pleasure'? They're small collections of short, interesting songs to sing unaccompanied, rounds, 2 or more parts, someaction songs, some call/response, some easy, some quite hard. Excellent. Let's find a link - er -
    http://www.singforpleasure.org.uk/resources/publications.php Junior songbooks - but you need a few - there are only about 5 songs in each!

5. Try http://www.educationalmusicals.com lots to try, some resources with three-part harmony - also song books split into Tudor, Egyptian, WWI&II, Sea Songs, Greek etc - may be worth a look.

6. Thank you all so much.Great ideas to have a look through !!
    You have helped me to save such a valuable amount of time

7. Some good stuff on SingUp in parts. I'm just doing one called something or other Road. Kind of carnival style. Simple but effective harmonies. I think it is on the home page at the moment. Great little song. (Sad we have to start paying for SingUp soon, and that it is currently limited to 12 downloads. And that I never got my act together and downloaded everything before the charge came in! Too busy arguing about pensions on here! I must get a life. It's mangleworzle's and Mr Bronson's faults.)