1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Parody Academy CEO twitter feed

Discussion in 'Personal' started by blazer, Sep 7, 2018.

1. blazer

blazer Star commenter

2. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Brilliant! :D

Jamvic likes this.
  3. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Had a moment then trying to work out what the parody was... rang too true.

friedgreentomatoes, nomad and Jamvic like this.
  4. Jamvic

Jamvic Star commenter

Love this one. :D If they thought they could get away with the scheduling this would actually be happening.

At my previous Multi Academy Trust we were able to raise a significant amount of capital from the sale of the once publicly-owned school playing field to property developers. A consultation on a similar proposal will open next week for 15 minutes at 03:57 on Wednesday mornin

agathamorse and nomad like this.
  5. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Funniest thing I've seen in a web browser for ages - love it, and have bookmarked it.

The April 12 decision-making pathway for behaviour problems is superb:

"Can I please remind staff of our decision-making pathway when dealing with behaviour concerns. If the issue is not resolved after exhausting the pathways then I would begin to think about reasons for the poor level of engagement in your lessons."

[​IMG]

6. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

I felt this one caught the right tone...
    [​IMG]

7. HelenREMfan

HelenREMfan Star commenter

Indeed !

agathamorse likes this.
  8. friedgreentomatoes

friedgreentomatoes Star commenter

I want to laugh, but this is too close to reality (for the place I work) to be funny.

agathamorse and Jamvic like this.
  9. EmanuelShadrack

EmanuelShadrack Star commenter

These are my favourites so far:

Two brief updates... 1. As funding is extremely tight this year there will be no refreshments provided on the three inset days. 2. The dates for the Senior Leadership Team research visits to Singapore, Finland and Tasmania have now been confirmed.

Meet the team: Next we have Mr Brownsnout - Director of Data Flow and Performance Analytics. Despite having no previous experience in the education sector, Tony's extensive business experience at Maplins and Toys'r'us will offer the trust an unrivalled competitve edge.

10. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

It's very clever. Could Armando Iannucci be persuaded to read this and write a series on academies along the lines of The Thick of It, do you think?

Sadly, this BS isn't restricted to government and education. Losers from both, now infest all institutions. Linkedin isn't helping, other than giving the chance for colleagues the opportunity of a good belly laugh. Have any of you checked out what those in senior management have to tell the world about them in their profiles?

When I was selling stuff, I wanted to know what I could find out about my clients before we met, from their financial status, what the companies did and who I would be meeting. You'd be astonished by what the BS merchants wanted to tell the world about themselves on social media.

11. SirPurrAlot

SirPurrAlot Established commenter

Brilliant idea. Or John Morton (of W1A) could doubtless do a superb job with it.

12. Over_the_hill

Over_the_hill Star commenter

It’s VERY funny.

13. Grandsire

Grandsire Star commenter

Ha ha ha... this is hilarious. So much stuff rings true (sadly). Thanks for posting the link.

agathamorse and minnie me like this.
  14. lrw22

lrw22 Senior commenter

V funny!

15. cassandramark2

cassandramark2 Lead commenter

I’ve only skimmed through so far, but this IS hilarious.

The best parodies mirror reality - remember Twenty Twelve?

16. gainly

gainly Star commenter

Are you sure it's a parody?

17. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

@Duke of York . Yes the LinkedIn contributions are lamentable in many instances. I read quite recently about somewhere marketing their very recent ' accreditation ' - in a rush to ' advertise ' its success it misspelt ' accreditation ' several times ! You could not make it up

agathamorse likes this.