1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Parks in Edinburgh

Discussion in 'Scotland - education news' started by Petal_1, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Hi
    I'm wondering if anyone could tell me where there is a traditional park in Edinburgh. I'm relatively new to the city and would like to take my 7 months old to a park with swings etc.
    I've looked on the internet but can't seem to see any - however, there is plenty of beautiful open space (a gorgeous city, it really is).
    Thanks

2. Hi
    I'm wondering if anyone could tell me where there is a traditional park in Edinburgh. I'm relatively new to the city and would like to take my 7 months old to a park with swings etc.
    I've looked on the internet but can't seem to see any - however, there is plenty of beautiful open space (a gorgeous city, it really is).
    Thanks

3. There's a swing park in Princes Street Gardens, near the fountain. And one on the edge of the Queen's Park, down the back of Dumbiedykes somewhere. And on Montgomery Street at the top of Leith and I'm pretty sure there are swings at Leith Links too. There's one in Portobello on one of the squares a bit back from the beach. And one on the Meadows.

4. Cheers airy. Really helpful x

5. Dominie

Dominie New commenter

Plenty to choose from. Saughton Park has a parking area, a segregated and modernised play area for the weans, a sensory garden in the public park area and a winter garden and cafe. A Sunday morning favourite years ago when Mrs Dom needed a well deserved long lie. Also very good play areas in the west and east ends of the meadows.

6. No problem. Sorry my post was a bit rambling - I was naming them as they popped into my head!