1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Parking in Nottingham - advice

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Middlemarch, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

I'm going to Nottingham soon to a concert at the Royal Concert Hall. It's years since I was last in Nottingham and wondered if anyone knows the city centre well enough to give me advice on where would be the best place to park - proximity to the concert hall being more important to me than cost of parking.

2. gameofdrones

gameofdrones Established commenter

My advice: get one of these.

[​IMG]

3. Middlemarch

I don't think I have time, but thank you for thinking of me.

Anyone know about parking near the Royal Concert Hall?

4. coppull

coppull New commenter

Last Sunday we parked at Wilkinson Street(just off the ring road ),which is a free car park on the Tram System and we went in to the city on the tram. There also appeared to be a free car park at The Forest Tram stop ? Do not know whether there is a tram stop close to your Concert Hall. I am sure somebody from Nottingham,will help you in this matter

5. Spiritwalkerness

Spiritwalkerness Star commenter

Actually, that's not a bad idea. There is a multi-story just around the corner from The Royal Centre. If I were you I'd Google it - think it's Trinity Street. I very rarely drive into Nottingham any more as the one-way system and trams are a blimmin' nightmare. I'd be very tempted to practise is by using Google streetmap/view

As for costs they tend to be bloody expensive

6. Middlemarch

Thank you both coppull and Spiritwalkerness. I shall look into both your suggestions.

7. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

If you are approaching from the North the Park and Ride from Phoenix Park is good with frequent buses into town. It's what we always do.

http://www.nottinghamcity.gov.uk/parkandride
    This link also give you several other Park and Ride options.

8. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Step-daughter is at uni in Nottingham... I feel your pain, parking there is a pain. [if you don't know the city].

9. Findlotte

Findlotte Established commenter

Parkopedia will show you all of the public car parking available and their prices.

10. Middlemarch

Thanks, all. Quitoon, I did look at Parkopedia, but just wondered if anyone with good knowledge might recommend one car park over another (for reasons such as ease of access, etc).

11. Spiritwalkerness

Spiritwalkerness Star commenter

The only think with the Park and Ride system isthat it will probably be closed by the time your concert finishes

12. marlin

marlin Star commenter

We went to Nottingham recently and used the tram. We parked at Clifton South where there were plenty of spaces. Worth having a look here for further information.