1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Parisian Public Pissing: Poll

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Vince_Ulam, Aug 14, 2018.

?

Man or woman, would you use such a very public convenience?

1. Yes, if necessary

31.3%
  2. No, under no circumstances

68.8%
  1. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

Oh, France, what is you doing?

Paris baulks at 'horrible' eco-friendly public urinals

[​IMG]

'Some argue that the "uritrottoir" - a combination of the French words for urinal and pavement - is discriminatory.

"Uritrottoirs for men, great. But what about us women? Litter trays? Sexist ideas are not nice," one Twitter user said [in French].

"They have been installed on a sexist proposition: men cannot control themselves and so all of society has to adapt," feminist Gwendoline Coipeault told Reuters.

"No one needs to urinate in the street," she added.
    '
    BBC.co.uk, 13th August 2018.

I agree with Gwendoline.

2. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Surely they are standing in the street but urinating into a container. Allez, Paris.

3. TCSC47

TCSC47 Star commenter

If you are ever caught urinated in the street, simply wave your hand in greeting and say, "Bon Jour".

4. TCSC47

TCSC47 Star commenter

In your pole, Vince, you have not specified how necessary "if necessary" is. When you get to my age, "necessary" is very necessary!

nomad likes this.
  5. TCSC47

TCSC47 Star commenter

And, yes, this is yet one more example of why God is clearly a man and not a woman.

nomad likes this.
  6. TCSC47

TCSC47 Star commenter

What caught my attention to this string was only yesterday, by severe coincidence, a little boy with his grandparents in a shop. The little boy exclaimed "I need the toilet", and then almost immediately wet himself quite visibly. His grandparents were laudably very calm. "Now, we've told you about this before".

Thankfully for the little lad, (I have avoided wee lad) the grandparents had a change of trousers for him.

nomad likes this.
  7. Wotton

Wotton Lead commenter

We have one of those pop up urinals in our town which comes up from the pavement in the evening. It is quite open and a bit like peeing in a corner but obviously no pee running on the pavement. There isn't an equivalent for women.

8. EmanuelShadrack

EmanuelShadrack Star commenter

Ah yes, but that's not the full account of events.

When God was in the midst of doing the old mankind creating thing, he asked each of the man and the woman, "Who would like to be able to urinate standing up?", and the man immediately put his hand up.

So God said, "OK", then turned to the woman and said "So that leaves the multiple orgasms to you".

True story.

9. EmanuelShadrack

I'm more shocked by the fact that it's possible to use the slang term for "urinating" in a thread title, without it being replaced by a load of asterisks. I would never have thought.

nizebaby, TCSC47 and elder_cat like this.
  10. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

It might be harder to supply suitable facilities for women. Does that mean none should be supplied for men?

11. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Pish and tosh.

EmanuelShadrack likes this.
  12. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

**** and Pish, then.

13. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Not **** but pissing.

14. EmanuelShadrack

I've learned something today. I've learned that the swear word filter allows the present participle of the p word.

I'm currently trying to obtain funding to research if the same applies to the f word.

Aquamarina1234 likes this.
  15. EmanuelShadrack

Oo-er, and doubly amusing given the thread topic.

TCSC47 likes this.
  16. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

I did not know such erections existed. A virile sight indeed:

Install one of those in our town and this is the reaction you would get:

upload_2018-8-14_11-41-50.png

EmanuelShadrack and TCSC47 like this.
  17. blazer

blazer Star commenter

I recall on blazer major's stag night in Bristol about 9 years ago there were pop up urinals in the street.

18. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter

Noticeably nowhere for the men to wash their hands....

19. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

Arriving late to the party today, and bleary eyed from that's my business, I initially saw the image and mistakenly read your first words as "O Frank..."
    which was lovely for a moment.

EmanuelShadrack likes this.
  20. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

Oh it's just one silly expectation after another... can't do anything right...

:p

monicabilongame likes this.