1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Paris

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by homework, Jan 16, 2016.

1. homework

homework New commenter

Been a while since anyone discussed Paris and a job has recently appeared at the school close to the Tower. Has anyone any experience working in the school or recently working in Paris in relation to the school itself and the cost of living vs the salary paid.

2. Angelil

Angelil Occasional commenter

If it is the one I'm thinking of (beginning with K) then it is very new. I know the headteacher and several teachers at the school as they are all former colleagues. I still live and work in the Paris area and can confirm that the cost of living etc is generally expensive compared to the salary paid, although some things are very cheap (e.g. monthly metro pass).

3. homework

homework New commenter

It begins with an "I". I'm just wondering if it's possible to make small savings whilst working for a good school in Paris.

4. Angelil

Angelil Occasional commenter

Oh OK, the I one. It's going to be more possible to save a bit of money if you a) live with someone and b) live outside of Paris...rent is astronomical within the city limits.