1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice

Parents' theme needed

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by languageisheartosay, Jan 10, 2011.

  1. languageisheartosay

    languageisheartosay Occasional commenter

    Don't know if there's any money to be used... You might find one of the suppliers of the resources you use has the ability to come and give a talk. Some may charge though. This might be a company involved with literacy or maths (e.g. Numicon). Or you might find an independent practitioner who for a fee would give a talk (e.g. physiotherapist, occupational therapist, speech & language therapist etc.) as many of the youngsters are likely to have a variety of problems not just one. Or a local college might admit school leavers and staff would come and outline what they can do. Or try the national charities for the main learning difficulties and see if they know of anyone prepared to give a talk.

Share This Page