1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Parents shouting at teachers.

Discussion in 'Primary' started by meya, Sep 4, 2009.

1. None of that is true.

2. I never posted on parentscenter

3. The couple of incidents I have had have been complaints about behaviour that I do not know about. I understand that the parents are upset that their child has been hurt/is suffering teasing/etc but until I hear about it, there is nothing I can do. There are coments about it happening for weeks, but neither them or the child have raised it with an adult at school. If they had come in the first (or second or third) time it happened, then I would have had a chance to deal with it.
    The really horrible one was on the phone at lunchtime. I had to calm back down to teach five minutes later.
    giggle. xx

4. Have you any evidence to indicate how many years ago those alleged incidents happened?

5. Yeah right, ***!

6. boatmanco

boatmanco New commenter

Its the abusive e-mails that get me -it seems to be ok because its "only an e-mail"!!!

7. Yeah right ***

8. Bloody hell, that's right out of my experience.

9. midnight_angel

midnight_angel Senior commenter

Hi, am a secondary NQT, so don't usually ever look over here in the primary section, however, this thread was on the frontpage, so I clicked.
    I have a child in my form, who does have special needs. His mother rang me within the first couple weeks of year to yell at me as her child got lost on the way home from school. Of course, I can understand her worrying about this, but telling me that I should take better care of him ON HIS WAY HOME!!!!! and that the school obviously didn't care too much about the pastoral side of things. I did remain calm, however (despite wanting to yell back and say that as she is aware of her son's needs, it IS her responsibility to make arrangements to ensure he is safe, at the end of the day, outside the school gates), and was told by the other teachers in the room that I did deal with it well. But that phone call lasted 35 minutes as well ...