1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Parents meeting help

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by HPP, Apr 29, 2011.

1. HPP

HPP

I have a whole class parents meeting soon where I meet the parents as a whole group and discuss what we will be doing over the next term. I have several parents who are finding the concept of the EYFS difficult - ie why is my child not sitting at a desk writing all day. Does anyone know of a video clip I could play them explaining the EYFS and what it looks like in Reception? The parents were not told about the EYFS at the start of the year - I have only been at the school a term but feel they need more than just me rambling on. Any ideas?

2. fulloffun

fulloffun New commenter

I wonder if you showed them one of the eyfs clips that the moderators show to us.We recently saw a den building one .You could then talk to the parents about all the learning that was going on in the clip...this one had negotiating,taking turns,constructing,looking at non-fiction books etc
    I presume it can be downloaded from the standards site? if not could you ask your LEA Early years team to send you a similar clip?

3. fulloffun

fulloffun New commenter