1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Parents' Evening

Discussion in 'Primary' started by lardylady, Aug 29, 2020.

1. lardylady

lardylady Star commenter

Just thought I would start a thread to gather thoughts about how schools may organise Parents' Evenings? We usually have one in the week before October Half Term and the school is rammed with people milling about. We see parents in our classrooms for 5 minutes and it's quite a rapid turnover. I suppose we'll know more next week but just thought I'd ponder aloud and invite people to speculate!

2. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

Sally006 and lardylady like this.
  3. Jeremyinspain

Jeremyinspain Occasional commenter

The last one I did last term was by Google Meet. I wonder if some parents (teachers) might prefer that?

4. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

We did last term's on Teams and the calendar for this coming term says they are on Teams as well.

5. thejudgesscoresarein

thejudgesscoresarein Established commenter

For the moment, I don’t think it’s viable at all. Perhaps, a half termly/termly report sent to parents highlighting pupil progress or an arranged phone call if there are serious concerns?

6. sunshineneeded

sunshineneeded Star commenter

I'm sure SLT are discussing it, but nothing has been said to us yet. Parents are not allowed on the school premises (to be reviewed at half term), all communication is by phone or email, so no prospect of a regular parents' evening for the time being.

7. ACOYEAR8

ACOYEAR8 Star commenter

Voice recordings for each child and then sent to parents.

8. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

Time slots on Teams for virtual meetings