1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Parents' Evening - Funny Stories

Discussion in 'Primary' started by whitestag, Mar 8, 2016.

1. whitestag

whitestag Senior commenter

Parents' Evening season is upon us again. I wondered if anyone had any amusing stories to share?

One parent sat down once and before I could say anything they announced, 'Right! I know he's a total pain in the backside, just tell me what he's done and I'll have a word with him'

I then proceeded to tell the parent how quiet, unassuming and hardworking his child was in school. The difference in some kids' behaviour between school and home always amazes me!

stupot101 likes this.
  2. sallylou

sallylou New commenter

I was told when heavily pregnant by a lovely father that "Teachers shouldn't be allowed to have kids just when they want- they should do it in the holidays." The mum said "You can't decide when you have a baby!" To which he replied "Oh, yeah right!" It took all my self control not to say "We do have some control." But thought they might not understand as they had 6 kids all in our school!!

3. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

LOLOLOL sallylou, I can so picture a set of parents saying that!

I once had a father tell me I didn't look like I could be strict enough to cope with his son (year 9). His mother then pointed out that I was Miss Butterfly, the teacher their son had been complaining about all term for being so strict! Ha! Appearances can be sooooo deceiving. :)

4. good boy

good boy New commenter

5. D1p5t1ck

D1p5t1ck New commenter

I replaced a retiring teacher in 1987-in his last parents evening, two very, very overweight moms were walking up the corridor to see him-he called down to them ' I hope you've brought your own chairs with you!'

theworm123 and stupot101 like this.
  6. frustum

frustum Star commenter

"Teachers shouldn't be allowed to have kids just when they want- they should do it in the holidays."

Not a parents' evening story, but that reminds me of the head who commented on the coincidence of so many of his staff having babies in May. It obviously didn't occur to him to count back 9 months, realise it wasn't coincidence and do something about work-life balance!

7. lardylady

lardylady Star commenter

How rude of him.