1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Parents at opposite ends of the spectrum

Discussion in 'Private tutors' started by langteacher, Jul 3, 2018.

1. langteacher

langteacher Occasional commenter

Had to drop a student recently due to continual late online payment. When I say late I was insisting on payment before the lesson because the parent had already proved to be unreliable.
    It had been stressing me out for a while so as soon as this one was late they had to go. The parent turned it all round on me saying I was not flexible etc. Parent says they'll write a bad review. Go ahead because it will stand out a mile among all the other reviews that are perfectly fine!
    On another note, I had a no show yesterday and I had a text of that parent apologising and they'd already put the money in the bank to cover it.
    You get a feel for some people In six years I've only ever had to drop one other parent and that was another one who was entitled and self important..
    The world does not revolve around you so pay up or find some other mug Your space will be filled I'm sure