1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Parenting websites

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by thelovelyliz, Apr 14, 2011.

1. I am wondering what other message boards or websites on parenting or babies/toddlers people use. I have used Mumsnet but find it quite big but other small boards are quite cliquey and disagreeable. Any reccommendations from anybody (apart from here, naturally.)

2. Trudy

Trudy New commenter

another vote here for natural mamas!

3. kittenmittens

kittenmittens New commenter

Netmums (not mumsnet) is good for finding baby groups locally to you, also there's a noticeboard for buying and selling nearly new baby equipment/ toys/ clothes which is brilliant. There's a forum on there too.

4. I use natural mamas quite a lot now- but it isn't for everyone, but it does give some interesting views and everyone is friendly. It is one I check a lot.
    Netmums I quite like for the local boards and I have met a couple of mums from there but I don't really use the forums there.

5. NMs here too :)

6. I use www.bounty.com. Most people are quite friendly although you do get some disagreeable sorts on there as you do anywhere. I also use www.babyledweaning.com but if you aren't doing BLW then you would probably feel a bit out of place there, even though everyone is lovely.

7. Just went on netmums out of interest and read some of the baby name threads- the things people call their children!! I know it's completely up to them but.... oh my god.
    Anyway I thought on the whole it read quite well- I can't stand all the terrible English on babycentre for example- must be because I am a teacher [​IMG]