1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Parenting forum?

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by Astralabe, Mar 16, 2012.

1. I love TES forums for pregnancy and b&t - not been particularly good at posting recently but I read all the time. The pregnancy forum took me through the trials of ttc and pregnancy worries, b&t through anxious first days to finally being a relaxed parent (too relaxed, sometimes!). My point is should we campaign for a parenting forum? I'm always mindful of treading on the toes of those in the early stages of weaning etc by introducing irrelevant threads... And I only see more issues looming with schools etc - I love the banter with friends on here - don't want it to end when Sasha isn't a 'toddler' any more...!

2. Fab idea! How do we go about campaigning?!

3. Wouldn't it be great if our thread graduated there in a few years?! I'll join the crusade

4. I'm in! X

5. becky70

becky70 New commenter

Bless you, nothing happening yet and probably not for a while. Just that I have had enough of ttc - I'm 40 now, have had five failed treatment cycles and can't face another one. My OH sounds quite positive about adoption but you have to have a gap between treatment and going for adoption so it may be sometime before much happens.
    Thanks for asking though, and you too, Astra. Hope you and LOs both well and happy x

6. Sounds great Astra! As long as the Winter 2010/11 thread can come too!

7. kittenjames

kittenjames New commenter

support here astra!
    i read all the time, but hardly ever have time to post :-(
    KJ

8. I am a bit confused is it instead of or as well as b&t? My feeling is it could replace b&t completely because the traffic isnt that high? That way there would also be parents of older children to give advice re: the little ones?

9. I was thinking as well as b&t as there are so many weaning / bf-ing / sleeping questions on here I wouldn't want them getting swamped but I guess TES will decide on traffic. There are quieter forums than this one... Yes bev is away so well have to wait!

10. I was thinking as well as b&t as there are so many weaning / bf-ing / sleeping questions on here I wouldn't want them getting swamped but I guess TES will decide on traffic. There are quieter forums than this one... Yes bev is away so well have to wait!

11. Sounds great x

12. Great idea x

13. A great idea - thanks Astra X