1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Parental Permission letter - any advice?

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by sebsiedo, Nov 11, 2011.

1. I have been asked to write a letter to the parents of the children I have chosen to do profiles on for my first PGCE placement. My mentor advised me to look online for a template but I can't find one. Can anyone help? It just needs to ask their permission to observe their child and take photos. Thanks in advance!

2. I have been asked to write a letter to the parents of the children I have chosen to do profiles on for my first PGCE placement. My mentor advised me to look online for a template but I can't find one. Can anyone help? It just needs to ask their permission to observe their child and take photos. Thanks in advance!

3. It's not really your role to contact parents in this way, and any letter should come from the school or from their class teacher.
    Speak to your tutor about it.

4. If I were you, I would ask at the school office for the letter that they use themselves for these purposes, or maybe they could write one for you.

5. Hi,

I had to do the same thing because I set up a lunchtime club and needed permission to exchange first names and pics with a foreign school. I drafted it and shared it with the office on the network and they were going to redraft it and get the head to sign it off. As a student teacher, you aren't officially a member of staff and thus aren't really allowed to contact parents directly. Hope this helps!