1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Parent SEND Forum questionnaire for SENCos

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by choralsongster, Jul 15, 2017.

1. choralsongster

choralsongster New commenter

Dear SENCo

In my role as Inclusion Manager and Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENCo) at a school in the East Midlands, I am currently undertaking the National Award for SENCo qualification through the University of Northampton. My qualification is split into two modules, the second of which is to plan or undertake a research project on an area of SEND at school.

I am writing to request your permission for contribution towards my second assignment, which will be 5,000 words in length. The assignment will focus on the contribution of parents of children with SEND to the school’s SEND policy and procedures. I am hoping to set up a parent SEND forum next academic year and would like your contribution towards how the forum would look.

My research is taking three forms:

1) Questionnaires sent to parents of pupils with SEND at my school based around home-school links and whether they would like to contribute to a parent SEND forum.

2) Questionnaires sent to SENCos who already run parent SEND forums based around the challenges they have experienced.

3) Reading up on literature based around the attendance of pupils with SEND, parental engagement and the role of the SENCo.

I have a set of ethical standards to adhere to and will ensure that once the assignment is completed and typed up, all contributions are anonymised. I confirm that the content of the assignment will not be shared with any other people, other than the school management team or my course tutors at the University.

The link to my questionnaire for SENCos is: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/5PLW2HL. I would appreciate the questionnaire to be completed by Sunday 30th July 2017 to ensure I have time to evaluate the results and write up the assignment. You have the right to withdraw your contributions from the assignment, should you advise me in writing by Sunday 13th August 2017. The final submission date for the assignment is Monday 18th September 2017.

If you require to read a copy of the assignment once it has been completed, please contact me and a copy can be sent.

If you have any queries or concerns regarding my research project, or if you would like to check on the authenticity of it, you may contact me via TES and I will email you direct or contact my University Tutor. Her details are listed below:

Dr Brenna Farrow, Module Tutor for SENM021, University of Northampton
    email address: brenna.farrow@northampton.ac.uk
    telephone number: 01604 892881

I hope you are able to assist me in the completion of my final assignment.

rosiecg likes this.
  2. choralsongster

choralsongster New commenter