1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Parent Presentation

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by georgie_108, May 23, 2007.

1. Does anyone run a powerpoint presentation for new parents of children starting school in Sept?

How do you organised your meeting with parents (usually introduced by our Headteacher).

I would really like to run a slide show showing children working, showing examples from all the areas and explaining the curriculum and the importance of play based learning.

Any ideas, anyone already have a format for this?

georgie_108@hotmail.com

2. Does anyone run a powerpoint presentation for new parents of children starting school in Sept?

How do you organised your meeting with parents (usually introduced by our Headteacher).

I would really like to run a slide show showing children working, showing examples from all the areas and explaining the curriculum and the importance of play based learning.

Any ideas, anyone already have a format for this?

georgie_108@hotmail.com

3. I do a powerpoint for new parents. If you would like me to e- mail it, just let me know ( I'll need to take out the "personal " bits first though!)

4. That sounds great I owuld be really interested in seeing what you do. I look forward to an email from you... thank you so much for sharing ! :)

georgie_108@hotmail.com

thanks Jo

5. Sorry to be cheeky but could you e-mail me a copy too please as I have to do a presentation after half term.
    Thank you
    denise.croucher@btinternet.co

6. Hi I'm also thinking of doing something similar for my parents - would it be possible to have a copy too please? Thanks a lot

7. I had photos on the photo slide show (just from normal computer tool) of all things done in Nursery from over a few years, parents love it as it shows them lots of things we do, especially outdoors as when they look round everything is put away for the night. They also see other children they know, it is also good to have showing as parents arrive so if they are on their own they have something to do rather than feeling ackward. I just kept adding to the presentation as I got good photos - it takes time to start with but then you'll have it forever!!!

8. could I have a copy of the powerpoint presentation for parents please
    anndwan@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks

To Jackie3

9. I am just setting up an new International kindergarten in Hong Kong and have a parent meeting on 20 June. Powerpoint would be very useful.
    Please can I have a copy
    k2mchugh@hotmail.co.uk

10. Would it be possible if I have a copy of the presentation too? It sounds a great idea.

Email is: marylovatt30@hotmail.com

thanks

11. I put one of these onto the Resource bank last year - if you do a search there its called 'Induction Meeting' :)

12. Yes and it is very good!! I used it last year and going to use it again this year. Thanks Gina!:)

13. Excellent presentation Gina! Thanks :)

Emma
    x