1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Parent power.

Discussion in 'Primary' started by thompsoncm, Jul 21, 2011.

1. After a very trying year thanks to a difficult deputy teacher and an unsympathetic Principal, I ended the last day with great relief and sadness. However as always the children made my heart sing and renewed my faith that teaching is a noble profession.
    The next day as I prepared to leave town a group of parents waylayed me and said they realised what had been happening at school and wanted me to know they were grateful that I had been their child's teacher for the year. That I had been 100% professional and always put the children's need first focussing on the classroom and not the school politics.
    As a token of their esteem they presented me with a Parent Reference and invitied back to town the following year for the farmers field day because the children wanted to see me there.
    Its on the 25th August and I can't wait :)

2. After a very trying year thanks to a difficult deputy teacher and an unsympathetic Principal, I ended the last day with great relief and sadness. However as always the children made my heart sing and renewed my faith that teaching is a noble profession.
    The next day as I prepared to leave town a group of parents waylayed me and said they realised what had been happening at school and wanted me to know they were grateful that I had been their child's teacher for the year. That I had been 100% professional and always put the children's need first focussing on the classroom and not the school politics.
    As a token of their esteem they presented me with a Parent Reference and invitied back to town the following year for the farmers field day because the children wanted to see me there.
    Its on the 25th August and I can't wait :)