1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Parent making me feel pants

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by Trixie1, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Piranha

Piranha Star commenter

It all depends on what the parent has said. I doubt if anything can be done unless it is actually libellous. That is why I suggested asking a union for their opinion. If they think it is libel, they can help the OP deal with it, which might, initially, be action by the Head. Whether a solicitor employed by the union would be willing to write to this parent I cannot say, but I think that would be a powerful message.

2. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

Get ready for some plain-talking!

devastated - I'm going to call that an over-reaction as this is clearly a mum with the bit between her teeth and acting rashly and inadvisedly, don't let her problem become your problem

the HT meets the parent - well, somebody has to unless the parent has been physically or verbally abusive, the HT hasn't much option really, it's just trying to manage a woman who can make a lot of trouble and is somewhat flakey, the sort of thing HTs have to do and get no thanks for

not sleeping - that's only fair if, in your heart of hearts, you know you have let that bullying take place and sometimes it does happen despite our best efforts, you're not the only person responsible for stopping bullying and you can only do so much, examine your actions and make up your mind as to whether or not you have done enough and then leave it or change something

The time to get the union is if your HT starts blaming you unjustly and making life difficult. Sounds as if the HT is trying to shield you from this woman. That would be a good thing. If lies are posted online? Police. You can claim it's threatening behaviour and undermining your health. It is.

How many other kids do you teach? Lots. And they're getting on OK.